Environmental Awareness (CIEH)
- Awareness of key environmental concepts and an introduction to environmental management systems.
- Identify primary local and global environmental impacts of their organisation.
- Understand key terms and definitions of pollution.
- Learn basic principles, key concepts and importance of environmental law.
- Identify the link between their jobs and a range of environmental impacts.
- Understand business benefits of adopting an environmental management system.
- Identify key issues related to energy use and carbon management, waste minimisation, water use, pollution and emergency planning.
Qualification: CIEH- Level 2 Award in Environmental Principles and Best Practice course (with exam).
This course is suitable for all members of staff whose activities could have a significant impact on the environment or supervisors/managers who are being introduced to environmental issues for the first time.
Suggested progression: CIEH Environmental Management Certificate