First Aid Course Procedures – Atrium
- If you are participating in a blended learning course, please make sure you have completed your online module and printed off your certificate to bring with you on the day. If you encounter any problems, please let us know and we’ll sort it out
- We will be sending out pre-course health screening questionnaires the day before the course. Ideally, please can you complete and return via email to us before you attend or bring a completed printed version with you. There will always be an opportunity to complete on the day if forgotten.
- Please remember to bring a face covering with you as you will be travelling through a public building
- Please remember to wear a face covering on arrival and while travelling through Redwither Tower.
- Please observe the one way system at Redwither Tower when you arrive.
- As you enter the building, please use the hand sanitiser provided before approaching reception.
- At reception, please observe social distancing and state that you are on a First Aid course with Atrium and give your name.
- Proceed up to the 3rd floor via the stairs or lift. Please note that there are a maximum of 2 people in the lift at one time. If you are waiting, please observe social distancing guidelines.
- Our training facility is immediately on the right hand side on the 3rd floor. As you enter our reception, please observe social distancing as you wait for a temperature reading. If delegates’ temperature reads 37.5 C or above, we will not be able to admit them on the course and we will re-arrange at no extra cost.
- Please do not attend the course on the day if you feel at all unwell or have lost or experience a change in your sense of smell or taste.
- Once you have had your temperature reading, please proceed to an empty desk and make yourself at home. Every delegate will have an individual registration form to fill that will be collected at a suitable time.
First Aid Specific Procedures
- All delegates will be provided with PPE (gloves, aprons, face mask, eye protection) for all practical work
- All practical elements can be done adhering to social distancing guidelines
- All our CPR manikins will be cleaned thoroughly using Clinell Universal Wipes after each session and all individuals must use a face shield to administer rescue breaths. There will be no sharing of manikins during a course.
- Our first aid course content will include the amended first aid guidelines from the HSE and UK Resuscitation Council
- Please can all individuals remain at their desk during break and lunchtimes or go outside – this is to reduce the risk of cross-infection
- All delegates will receive individual tea/coffee/milk sachets at their desks in addition to bottled water and biscuits. If delegates wish to bring a flask of hot water with them rather than use our training room urn, please feel free.
- It would be appreciated if delegates could please stagger comfort breaks if at all possible.
- Please note that Connected Cafe is currently closed, therefore please bring your lunch with you
- Please can all delegates wash their hands on arrival and frequently throughout the day in addition to refraining from touching their faces
- Touch points will be cleaned by Atrium staff as per schedule throughout the day
- All our training rooms and offices are cleaned thoroughly at the end of each day
If you have any questions or queries about our First Aid Course Procedure, please contact us by emailing [email protected] or by telephone on 01978 660 000
This procedure will be reviewed and/or revised as necessary in order to meet any changes in guidance or best practice.