What you need to know
This is a detailed, 6 hour online module and 2 day face to face course suitable for anyone who works with others of any age. This qualification allows you to be a Designated First Aider. The course is highly interactive and hands-on, combining theory with practice to equip students with the knowledge, confidence and skills to practice first aid in a competent, safe and professional manner.
First Aid at Work courses covers both theoretical and practical work and includes the following subjects:
- Aims of first aid
- Treatment of breathing difficulties
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (for adults, children and babies
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Treatment and control of bleeding
- Treatment of shock
- Contents of first aid boxes and their use
- Treatment of chronic conditions (epilepsy and diabetes)
- Recognition and treatment of major illnesses (heart attacks etc)
- Treatment of injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Treatment of burns and scalds
- Treatment of eye injuries
- First aid management of poisoning
- Simple record keeping
- Personal hygiene in treating wounds
- Communication and delegation in an emergency
Each delegate receives a full training pack including up to date text book, resuscitation face shield, PPE, stationery and first aid training equipment for use during the course.
This course is currently continuously assessed and will involve successful completion of an online module first before candidates can attend a face to face course. Certificates are awarded to students following successful online module assessments and successful completion of the 2 day practical continuous assessments done face to face. Certificates are valid for 3 years.
If they are successful, candidates will receive a link via email to download their certificate within their course price. If you are the organiser, you will also receive the same link to download your employee’s certificate. To minimise our price increases this year we are introducing a fee of £5.00 per person if you would also like to receive a hard copy through the post. Please select the ‘hard copy certificate’ option if booking online.
To check for availability and to book, please scroll through the months in the calendar below. Green means available, red means full. Click on the first date required of your 2 day face to face First Aid course. If you encounter any problems, please get in touch.