What you need to know
The First Aid for Parents e-learning course is designed for parents and guardians and covers both babies and children up to the age of puberty. It aims to give the individual the confidence to know what to do if one of their children under their care was to become injured or ill.
This course is likely to take approximately 2 hours to complete. You do not have to complete the course in one sitting. A certificate can be downloaded once the course is successfully completed.
You will have access to our E-learning units via email.
This fully interactive E-learning module contains videos, interactive diagrams and mini-quizzes.
The E-learning course includes the following:
- Preparing for an emergency
- Emergency checklist
- The aims of a First Aider
- First Aid Kits
- Infection control
- Calling the Emergency Services
- The Primary Survey (DR ABC)
- The Recovery Position
- Allergies and Anaphylaxis
- External bleeding
- Embedded objects and splinters
- Cuts and grazes
- Eye, ear, nose & teeth injuries and conditions
- Fractures and dislocations
- Head injuries
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Electric shock
- Burns and scalds
- Childhood conditions and illnesses
- Recognition of meningitis, appendicitis, gastroenteritis
- Management of wounds and bleeding
- Treatment of shock
- Fracture management including spinal injuries
To book, please click on today’s date on the calendar below. If you encounter any problems, please get in touch.