What you need to know
This one day BSC (British Safety Council) course provides an introduction to the hazards of manual handling and enables employees to contribute to the development of safer manual handling methods and tasks. It introduces candidates to the hazards and risks involved in manual handling and outlines what to expect from a manual handling assessment. It will enable employees to develop safer manual handling techniques in the workplace helping to minimise back and joint pain.
Suitable for all employees and assessment is through a multiple choice test.
The qualification covers the following topics:
- The process of manual handling in the workplace
- Manual handling injuries and the activities which cause them
- Manual handling assessment and control options
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Anatomy and physiology of the spine with biomechanics
- Basic manual handling risk assessment
This course is suitable for all employees regardless of the nature of their work. There is a duty on behalf of the employer to train staff on the safer principles. (Ref: Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992).