What you need to know
This half day (4 hour) course enables employees to contribute to the development of safer manual handling methods and tasks. It introduces students to the hazards and risks involved in the manual handling of babies and young children. It also outlines what to expect from a manual handling assessment. It will enable employees to develop safer manual handling techniques in the workplace helping to reduce back and joint pain.
The qualification covers the following topics:
- The process of manual handling in the workplace
- Manual handling injuries and the activities which cause them
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- Anatomy and physiology of the spine with biomechanics
- Basic manual handling assessment
- Principles of safer handling of babies and young children.
Students will be awarded a certificate of attendance with is valid for 3 years.