Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
Whether you are looking for an initial policy, a review of your current documentation or arrangements, or wish to be assisted in your Hazardous Materials Risk Assessments, Atrium is here to help.
From storage management to practical management of products and substances we can provide analysis, guidance and documentation to support your needs.
What is COSHH
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002 requires employers to prevent worker exposure to hazardous substances or, where this is not reasonably practicable, to ensure adequate control. Regulation 12 states that ‘every employer who undertakes work which is liable to expose an employee to a substance hazardous to health shall provide that employee with suitable and sufficient information, instruction and training.’
We can help you to ensure your site is fully compliant, and that your workforce is competent to carry out their work safely. We can support you with consultancy and offer training for your employees.
Our specialist consultants can carry out fully comprehensive COSHH Assessments for organisations which will:
- Identify the inherent hazards of the substance
- Evaluate the risks in using the substance in a particular process or processes
- Determine the required control measures
- Inform users and any others who may be affected of the control measures
The COSHH assessment documents will include the following information:
- The hazards presented by the substance
- Information from the safety data sheet provided by the supplier/manufacturer (in the case of chemicals)
- The likely route of exposure (e.g. inhaled, ingested, etc.)
- The duration of exposure
- The severity of any likely ill-health effects, and any required first aid treatment
- The methods of disposing of the substance
- Storage methods and any special fire fighting requirements